Human Resource Management
No team is more vital to the successful implementation of an organization’s mission than Human Resources. HR professionals are charged with recruiting and retaining the best talent, coordinating staff training and leadership development, shaping total compensation packages, and keeping the organization aligned with a multitude of organizational and regulatory requirements. Entry-level roles in this profession enjoy pathways to dynamic and prosperous careers across virtually all industries.
- Online Learning with edgox Career Support
- 16 Units
- 10 Weeks
Coming soon! We will be offering this program in the near future. Please click on Request Information to be notified once enrollment opens.
About the Program
This program is perfect for HR professionals and business leaders who would like to become more effective or advance their careers by gaining expertise in the modern principles of Human Resource Management. Learners will have the opportunity to dive deep into specific areas relevant to their professional environments through special projects, case studies, and various role-playing opportunities that emulate the many real-world challenges of our times.
Program Learnings and Insights
- Foundational and specialized competencies to prepare for industry certification
- Best practices in talent acquisition, retention and workforce planning
- Techniques for designing, assessing and evaluating employee benefits programs
- Adult learning theories, leadership development and team dynamics
- Conflict management and resolution strategies
- How to navigate and communicate organizational change
- Approaches and techniques to evaluate performance management programs
- Evaluate and advise business leaders on the policy and cost implications of business initiatives, interpersonal issues, and regulatory or technical changes
Minimum English Language Requirements
English proficiency test must have completed within the last two years.
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 80
- CET-4: 550
- CET-6: 520
About UC Santa Barbara Extension
UCSB Extension, now known as Professional and Continuing Education, is committed to providing essential skills and expertise to compete in today's job market.
The UCSB Extension offers professional courses and certificate programs to UCSB students getting them ready for the competitive job market after graduation. Their International Programs enable visiting scholars and professionals from all over the world to experience the outstanding research and instruction at this top-rated University.
ucsb accolades and rankings
ranked #6 public university in usa
has 6 nobel prize winning faculty.
#20 on “america’s top colleges” (forbes, 2019)
#34 in ‘best national universities’ (us news, 2020)
#57 university in the world (the, 2020)
2160 Kerr Hall University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
93106-1110 | 805-893-4200
Human Resource Management